Saturday, June 30, 2012

who discovered that Germans mean what they say and they say what they mean. And they're nice about saying it, 100%.

You don't see me... you don't hear me... but believe me: I'm here!
Kind of creepy for a cute puppy sign, but I guess it beats "beware of dog."
In North Germany, people smile on buses. They plant flowers. They come home with armfuls of fresh strawberries. And since everyone speaks their mind, which means that I've got to get mine on its toes, ready or not.

The dog who lives in this house (just across the street, next to the big gardens) is actually much cuter than the doggie pictured. He's also bigger, whiter and fluffier. He doesn't get out much, though he does like to bark along with the sunrise symphony each morning. (Along with the seagulls, passing birds, and perhaps even a rooster?).

Fritzie's not the only one walking around with a disclaimer around here. On the bus today, I saw a sign for a new brand of cigarettes, named "Vive la Liberté." On the sign, a very chic couple was lounging on deck chairs on top of an apartment in Paris overlooking the Eiffel Tower, smoking. All of the suavity, however couldn't compete with the pictured warning, "smoking can kill!" on two oversized boxes at the front of the picture. Go Deutschland! Major points for honesty.

I can't decide which was better, the Liberté ad, or the advertisement I saw for a tattoo parlor called "für immer" (forever).

It's not like they don't warn you! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment