| midnight over Iceland |
The sun lit the night sky as I was flying across the ocean on Wednesday night. For a long time, it was difficult to see if it was rising or setting, until I realized that it was doing both. It flickered over the horizon like this for about an hour, then came up over a glimmer of water.
And when it came up, did it ever come up. I turned to my Brazilian seat mate, (whose lovely name sounds something like "Merida," from Brave, but nicer) and we watched the sky until it was too bright, and we had to slide the window cover shut.
It's happy to think that somewhere, the sun is always rising, and some places, it never goes down.
So happy you're safely there and that all is well and wonderful! Looking forward to each new post and the privilege of sharing these amazing experiences with you. xo
ReplyDelete